There was talk of razing the Courthouse built in 1878 in order to make room for parking, which jump started their push to save the building. Their efforts were successful, and on May 17, 1973, the Lake County Courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historical Places.
Because of the dedication and vision of our community members, The Lake Court House Foundation, Inc. has been active since 1975 in order to secure the ongoing preservation of the building for future generations to enjoy. Governed by an 18-member board that oversees the operations and financial security of the Lake Court House, we work not only to restore and upkeep the Courthouse but also help celebrate events, like our annual Patriot Brunch, and experiences, like wedding ceremonies and receptions. We believe in building the community stronger from within.
The Lake Court House is a private building that receives no tax dollars for support. The preservation of the building is funded through private donations and operational revenues.
Preservation and upkeep of the historic Lake Court House is made possible through the generous contributions of the local community. The Lake Court House receives zero tax dollars and relies on the financial assistance of its supporters.
Sign up to hear from us about upcoming events, our projects, and how you can help!